Terms and Conditions
- Who we are
- When the terms and conditions apply
- Our warranties and representations
- Treatment of your personal information
- Communications and correspondence
- Booking and payment process
- Changes to the itinerary
- Changes to travel dates
- Travel documents, visa, and entry to Tanzania
- Fitness and Medical information
- Travel insurance
- Authority of our guides
- You accept all risk of adventure travel to Tanzania
- Your liability for damaged or destroyed property
- Our liability for accommodation providers and air carriers
- Money for regular travel expenses
- Equipment and gear for Kilimanjaro climbs
- Your luggage and valuables
- Images and Marketing
- Force Majeure
- The laws of Tanzania shall apply
- Who we are
- All Altezza Travel tours and adventures are operated by Altezza Travelling Limited, a company limited by shares registered and incorporated in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Certificate of Incorporation: No. 107456
Tax Identification Number: 124-524-008
Value Added Tax Payer registration number: 40-027827-E
Registered address: P.O. Box 938, Kawawa Street, Plot No. 5, Block C, Section III, Moshi, Kilimanjaro, The United Republic of Tanzania
- When the terms and conditions
These Terms and Conditions shall govern the relationship between Client and
Altezza Travelling Limited
(Travel Agent: Altezza Travel; further- “the Company”) and apply in the
- When you book a trip directly with us;
- When you book a trip through our partners acting as our sales representatives;
- When booking a trip with us directly or through one of our partners, which include various travel agencies and marketplaces, both sides automatically agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that these Terms and Conditions stipulate the rights and responsibilities that you have while booking and taking part in our tours in Tanzania.
- These Terms and Conditions shall govern the relationship between Client and Altezza Travelling Limited (Travel Agent: Altezza Travel; further- “the Company”) and apply in the following situations:
- Our warranties and
- We warrant and represent
- We have all the necessary licenses and permits to organize and run Kilimanjaro climbing expeditions and wildlife safaris in the United Republic of Tanzania;
- We possess relevant expertise and experience and have taken care of the travel arrangements for over 10,000 visitors of Tanzania so far;
- All our Kilimanjaro guides, wildlife safari driver-guides and consultants have professional training in their respective fields;
- All information that we use in marketing and advertising is true and correct. We do not exaggerate or misrepresent anything in the description of our products;
- We are a tour operator, not a travel agency. No part of our adventures is handled by third parties with the exception of accommodation in certain hotels, which do not belong to our company, and domestic and international air travel services;
- We also warrant and represent that your trip with Altezza Travel will positively impact the developing communities of Tanzania;
Thus, not only are the salaries that we pay to our local employees above the
market average but we
also actively support community development projects in Tanzania. These
Treasures of Africa
Orphanage in Moshi and
wildlife veterinary and rehabilitation center Kilimanjaro
Serengeti De-Snaring Project
of the Frankfurt Zoological Society.
We are environmentally friendly and have strict “leave-no-trace” protocols to cultivate sustainable tourism in Tanzania and preserve its natural heritage for future generations.
- We warrant and represent that:
- Treatment of your personal
- We shall require certain personal information to take care of your expedition arrangements. Such information includes your full name, age, nationality, passport information, diet, and medical particulars.
- Parts of this information will be made available to the administration of the Tanzania wildlife areas for the processing of entry permits and to the accommodation providers to make your stay comfortable.
- Communications and
To avoid travel scams, ensure that all and any communications with us
are carried out through the
- Email: all emails in @altezza.travel domain zone
- Phone and WhatsApp: all phone numbers published on Altezza Travel website
- Other means of communication: online-chat on our website
As a result of our proactive policies in regards to safeguarding all of our
communications, we have
not had any cases of our company being impersonated or misrepresented by
malevolent third parties for
their own gain. However, caution is always advised.
If you believe that someone you are in touch with is not a legitimate representative of Altezza Travel, please contact our founder Alex at [email protected]
- To avoid travel scams, ensure that all and any communications with us are carried out through the following channels:
- Booking and payment
- The booking process begins with your email or phone call to our offices. A personal travel consultant, whose responsibilities encompass all communications with you as well as planning and arranging all of the details of your tour, will be designated. Once all of the details have been agreed upon, an invoice will be issued enabling you to make a deposit confirming your booking.
- Your adventure will be deemed confirmed once a deposit payment reaches our account, of which our designated travel consultant will inform you immediately. Depending on the type of your tour, the deadline for the deposit payment will be set by our consultant.
- Full payment for your tour must be made 14 days before the scheduled commencement date, unless otherwise agreed with our consultant in writing. In any case, all of our travel packages should be fully prepaid.
- Timely payments are essential, as these funds will be used to cover hotel reservations and other tour-related expenses, which - in turn - tend to be fully prepaid in Tanzania. Failure to make timely payments without prior notification of - or arrangements with - our Company may result in our cancelling your booking. Any deposit made may be forfeited according to our cancellation policies.
- Please note that all transaction-related charges applicable to your payments must be covered by you. All banking commissions for both sender and receiver must be covered by you when using wire transfers. A 3.5% surcharge shall be applicable to all credit card payments.
- If the deposit and final payments made to our accounts are for any reason incomplete, we shall charge you for the missing amount upon your arrival in Tanzania.
- Participation of minors
- One must be of legal age (18 years or older) to book a wildlife adventure with Altezza Travel. Bookings for minors (those who have not attained that age) can only be made by their parents, guardians or legal custodians. Those making the bookings for minors accept these Terms and Conditions on their behalf, including the assumption of risk and limitations of our liability;
- Minors must be accompanied and supervised by an adult Client at all times. The Client shall be responsible for the Minor’s conduct and carry the liability for any damage that may result from said conduct. Though extra attention is always paid to children travelling with us, the Company provides neither child care nor chaperoning services;
- All bookings made on behalf of a minor are subject to our approval. The accompanying adult will be solely responsible for securing the permits, approvals and meeting other legal requirements that may be needed for a minor to travel to Tanzania. We shall not be liable for the failure to comply with any requirements that may prevent the minor’s entry into Tanzania;
- Third-party bookings (tour leaders, travel agencies and other travel professionals)
If you are a tour leader/travel agent/etc., making a booking on behalf of
others, you will be deemed
the contact person for every tour participant. In such a case, you will be
- Informing the other tour participants of these Terms and Conditions. If you consent to them, we will assume that you have secured express consent of all tour participants to these Terms and Conditions and to the inclusions and exclusions of the tour package;
- Completing the payments timely and accurately;
- Passing all relevant information to the tour participants in a comprehensive and timely manner. If there are any agreed changes with regard to the dates or itinerary, you will be responsible for informing the tour participants and securing their consent;
- Providing correct and accurate information about the tour participants in a comprehensive and timely manner. It is your responsibility to collect such information and ensure its correctness and accuracy. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any errors and omissions in such information;
- If you can not accept responsibility for the above-said, then every member of the group should communicate and book with us individually.
Once we confirm your booking, the price will not be changed, except for the
unlikely case of the
government of Tanzania increasing park fees, taxes or other tourism-related
payments. In such a case,
a copy of the relevant public notice shall be made available to you immediately.
Two options shall be
available to you in case of price increase:
- To cancel your tour and receive a refund in accordance with our cancellation policies;
- To agree to the change of price and pay the difference to us;
- Changes by the Client
- Any changes you make to your itinerary will be made free of charge if they do not result in extra costs for us. Any such costs must be covered by the Client;
- If you decide to discontinue our tour after it stated, either voluntarily or involuntarily, you will be liable to cover any extra costs caused by your decision to leave the trip. Such costs may include but are not limited to covering transportation and accommodation expenses;
- If you miss any tour service, sightseeing or meal, or fail to use any other service acting on your own account, no refund will be provided;
- Changes by the Company
- While we do our best to ensure that your tour goes as planned, situations may arise (e.g. parts of the planned route becoming inaccessible due to poor weather conditions) requiring us to change your itinerary. Though rare, such cases are not to be ruled out and we shall endeavour to inform you of them promptly;
- Changes because of third parties
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay, disruption, damage or loss outside of our reasonable control. These may include - but are not limited to - third-party actions, flight delays and any events of a force majeure nature;
- You or your insurance company will be liable to cover any expenses, such as extra accommodation and transportation expenses, caused by such change or disruption;
- If, after making the payments, you decide to change your travel dates, you must inform us of these changes no later than 60 days before the original starting date of your tour. Please bear in mind, that any new proposed dates must fall within one year of your original travel dates.
- Also note that Tanzanian domestic carriers do not reschedule flights. Hotels and Lodges often apply penalties to booking date changes and may set higher prices on accommodation according to season and availability. In such cases, you will be required to cover the extra costs.
- Cancellation by the Client
- If you decide to cancel your trip with us, the following cancellation fees shall apply:
- In 90 and more days before the scheduled start of your tour - we will apply a 10% cancellation penalty;
- In 60-89 days before the scheduled start of your tour - we will apply a 30% cancellation penalty;
- In 30- 59 days before the scheduled start of your tour - we will apply a 50% cancellation penalty;
- In 8 - 29 days before the scheduled start of your tour - we will apply a 75% cancellation penalty.
- If you decide to cancel your trip with us, the following cancellation fees shall apply:
- All cancellation penalties are based on the total tour price.
- In all cases of cancellations you will also need to cover our non-refundable and/or partially refundable expenses, such as hotel reservations or domestic air tickets. Before issuing a refund, we will deduct those expenses and the costs of fund transfer (banking commissions and credit card surcharges) from the payments that you made to us.
- No refunds will be made for all cancellations made in 7 or less days prior to the scheduled travel dates.
- NOTE: We have special, even more flexible cancellation terms for our adventures during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to know more.
- Cancellation by us
- In the unlikely event of us cancelling your tour for any reason, a 100% refund of any payments already made by you to us shall follow;
- You should make sure that all your travel documents are in place.
- Thus, among other things, the validity of your passport for international travel should not expire in six months after the moment of entering the territory of Tanzania. There will be at least two blank pages for the visa and stamps. You should also get a visa for entering Tanzania. Online application through the website of Tanzania Immigration Department is the most convenient and fastest way to do that.
- Though we will share some visa-related tips please do not consider our recommendations to be the ultimate and comprehensive advice. The information about visas and other entry requirements for visiting Tanzania published on our website is for general knowledge only, and though we try to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we recommend contacting the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania for getting the latest updates. No information published on our website about visas, vaccinations or other entry requirements should be viewed as a warranty or representation.
- You are also responsible for bearing all visa and other entry-related costs.
- We shall not be liable if , in a highly unlikely event, you are denied entry to Tanzania or any other country on the way to Tanzania for whatever reason. You also agree that if you fail to enter the country for whatever reason, no refunds will be made and you it will not be possible to reschedule your tour, because we will have all the park fees prepaid and other expenses incurred by the time of your arrival.
- Accommodation in hotels
- Our prices for the open group departures include accommodation on a sharing basis in double or twin rooms with your fellow-traveler. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex traveler to share a room. If you want to stay in your room alone, please inform our managers at the time of booking. Extra charges for single supplements apply;
- Accommodation type and setup for our private adventures are agreed with our consultants individually;
- Our safari and Kilimanjaro climbing tours include hotel accommodation described in the respective travel packages on our website. In some cases, however, those hotels may be fully booked. We will notify you and suggest an alternative hotel before confirming your tour and accepting payment;
- Tented accommodation on Mount
- Our Kilimanjaro climbing packages include tented accommodation on a sharing basis (2 travelers per tent). You will share a tent with your fellow-traveler. If you travel alone, we will match you with a same-sex traveler to share a tent;
- If you want to stay in a tent alone, please inform our managers at the time of booking. Extra charges for single supplements apply. Please note that single tented accommodation on Marangu route of Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Meru is not possible because of the park regulations;
- It is your own responsibility to determine whether you are physically fit for a Kilimanjaro climb or a wildlife adventure and assess your health conditions. Upon your request, our consultants may advise you on this matter. At the same time, we recommend seeking a qualified medical opinion if you are not sure.
- We may also ask you to provide certain medical information and to complete our medical form. If you have any pre-existing medical condition that may have an impact on your ability to visit mountainous or remote regions of Tanzania, putting yourself and/or other tour participants in danger, we may ask you to have the form signed by a licensed medical practitioner.
- Failure to provide the medical form and having it signed by a licensed medical practitioner may result in the cancellation of your tour with applicable cancellation fees, as shown in the cancellation clause of these Terms and Conditions.
- We may decline your request to take part in our tours if, in our sole opinion, your medical condition renders you unfit for participation, i.e. you have certain physical or mental disorders or illnesses that put you and/or other participants in danger.
- All medical information provided to us will be treated in accordance with the “Treatment of your personal information” clause of these Terms and Conditions.
- We may cancel your participation in our tours without any refunds in the
- If we discover that the medical information provided to us is false, inaccurate or incomplete;
- If, while taking part in our tour, your medical condition deteriorates to the extent that it puts yourself and/or other tour participants in danger;
- You will need to cover any costs relating to the cancellation.
- If you have any special medical or dietary requirements, it is your responsibility to inform us in 30 days before your scheduled arrival in Tanzania. On our side, we shall spare no effort in trying to make sure that your special requirements are taken care of. Thus, for those following a special diet, we provide vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and halal meal plans. Yet, you agree that we shall not be liable for any failure to attend to any other special needs. No refunds will be issued in such a case.
- You also agree that you have been sufficiently informed that some facilities and services, to which you may be accustomed in your country, may be currently unavailable or inaccessible in Tanzania.
- Having travel insurance is mandatory for participation in our trips. We may disqualify you from taking part in our adventure without any refunds if you do not have a proper insurance package.
- Remember that insurance is not generally included in our travel packages (except premium Kilimanjaro climbing packages). This service is available as an extra add-on.
- Such insurance should cover emergency medical expenses for any personal injury, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and curtailment and other reasonable expenses.
- If you are climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, your insurance package should cover high-altitude trekking (up to 6,000 m/ 19858 f) and helicopter evacuation.
- You should also make sure that your insurance package provides sufficient coverage against all other relevant risks. It is also your responsibility to keep your insurance provider sufficiently informed of your travel plans and the nature of hazards and risks involved.
- If any insurance case happens, it will be your responsibility to inform your insurance provider and to comply with all procedures relating to indemnification/reimbursement. We shall provide reasonable assistance, but shall not be responsible for any positive outcome of the insurance claim whatsoever.
- Remember that we provide general, non-medical advice about vaccinations and immunizations, which are required or recommended for your visit to the United Republic of Tanzania.
- You should seek professional advice from a practicing, licensed physician to determine whether any specific medical measures are necessary for your visit to Tanzania.
- It is important and mandatory to follow all safety instructions and rules of our guides. A chief guide’s decision on all expedition arrangements, team management, itinerary, objectives, and any other expedition-related matters while on Kilimanjaro trek will be final.
- If in the opinion of our chief guide, your physical condition or certain actions may be reasonably harmful or dangerous to yourself or other tour participants, the chief guide may decide that you should descend (his assistant and some porters will be helping you on the way).
- You understand that your adventures with us may involve visiting remote areas (National Parks, rural regions, etc.), where the standards of medical assistance may be different from those available in your home country or may be unavailable at all.
- In addition to that, you also acknowledge that some adventures offered by us may involve certain risks (for example wildlife, high-altitude, etc.) to your health and safety. You agree that you have carefully evaluated all of those risks and assume full responsibility for them.
- You release us from all claims and causes of action, which may arise from any losses, damages, injuries or death which may be the result of the risks inherent to your travels in Tanzania.
- We will charge you if you willfully destroy or damage our property, for example, our Kilimanjaro tents, safari vehicles, personal expeditions gear that you may hire from us, hotel furniture, items and appliances and so on.
- Any indemnification for damage or destruction should be settled in Tanzania, before your departure to the home country.
- Some parts of your tour will be subcontracted to the accommodation providers and local air carriers.
- Though we are highly selective in choosing our partners, we can not control their performance, which makes us unable to assume responsibility for your experience with them. In addition, you should remember that while you will be staying in the hotels and lodges, it is their terms and conditions that apply. Conditions of Carriage and applicable aviation conventions will govern your relationship with the airlines.
- Because of that we will not be assuming responsibility for any claims arising out of the performance of any parties other than our company and our employees.
- You acknowledge that you should have a reasonable amount of money with you to cover incidental and regular travel expenses (souvenirs, tips, meals if not included, alcohol drinks, etc.). We shall not be responsible for your failure to cover any expenses of that nature for whatever reason.
- Though all group camping equipment is included in our Kilimanjaro packages, your personal outfit (mostly clothes for climbing) is not. Thus, you should bring all personal gear for your Kilimanjaro adventure. Our consultants will let you know what you will need for the expedition.
- If you do not have certain gear, you may hire everything necessary from us. All equipment is new (we renew our stock every six months). However, remember that personal gear hire is not included in your tour price and extra fees apply.
- Before the start of your Mt Kilimanjaro or Mt Meru climbing tour, our wildlife consultant may ask you to provide your personal equipment for inspection.
- We shall not be responsible for any luggage lost, destroyed or delayed by the airliner or any transportation provider other than our company.
- If you purchased a Kilimanjaro climbing tour with us and your luggage is lost or delayed and you had your climbing gear there, we shall provide you with everything from our hiring shop free of charge. Please be mindful that we shall provide free of charge only those items that you had in your luggage. Those that you did not have would be provided at a regular cost.
- In addition, neither are we responsible for being in touch with the airliner checking the status of your lost/delayed luggage, nor are we responsible for transporting it to the hotel after it arrives. If your luggage arrives later than you, you will need to pay a luggage delivery fee of transporting the luggage from Kilimanjaro International Airport to the hotel.
- You are responsible for keeping your valuables, such as money, gadgets, jewelry, and other personal possessions or luggage while taking part in our tours. We shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property.
- You may ask our managers to accept your valuables, personal possessions or luggage for safekeeping. In such a case, we will lock them in our company safe, which is under constant video surveillance and alarm. We will assume full responsibility for your property entrusted into our care.
- You understand that we agree that our employees and other tour participants may take photos, videos, and other media images during our tours. These photos and videos may have your image. By taking part in our adventures you agree that we and our partners may use this media material for marketing, promotion, and advertising without any royalty and other payments to you. Please inform our staff if you do not want your image to be captured with any photo or video cameras.
- We shall not be liable for anything that may happen because of force majeure, which includes, but is not limited to natural cataclysms, war or military operations, breakdowns of the mechanical facilities, fire, vehicles or electrical appliances, civil disturbances, labor strikes, actions of the government authorities, political unrest, insurrections and mutinies, extreme weather conditions and other calamities and situations beyond our reasonable control and which we could not foresee.
- The laws of the United Republic of Tanzania shall apply in case of any disputes.