Mount Kilimanjaro Day Hikes
If you are not quite sure whether you are ready for a full Kilimanjaro adventure, you might want to take one of our shorter Kilimanjaro trips via Marangu route. Only one or two days on the mountain will be enough to give you a full picture of what it takes to be part of a Kilimanjaro trekking expedition.
This adventure is perfect if you travel with children who are not ready for the full hike yet, or if your holiday is too short but you still want to enjoy the trip.
On these hikes you will reach the lower camps of Kilimanjaro, delve into pristine tropical wilderness and see breathtaking landscapes around. The trail taken by first Kilimanjaro explorers, Marangu is home to black-and-white colobuses living in the branches of tropical trees growing along the trail.
A one-day Kilimanjaro trip leads you up to Mandara Hut and back to the entry gate. A two-day option is a more immersive trip with an overnight stay at Mandara Hut, followed by a hike towards Horombo Hut Camp or Maundi Crater. Overall, it is a short, yet fascinating adventure where wildlife and local culture blend.
Included in cost
- Pick-up in Moshi
- Transfer to the trailhead - entry gate to Kilimanjaro National Park;
- Pick-up at the exit from Kilimanjaro National Park and transfer to the hotel.
- All park fees collected by the Kilimanjaro National Park ( conservation fees, camping fees, crew fees, vehicle fee, rescue fee and all other fees collected by the Tanzania National Parks Authority).
- Picnic lunch on the 1-day trip
- Picnic lunch, dinner and breakfast on the 2-day trip
- Drinks on the hike
- GPS-tracking service;
- Complete medical kits;
- 4-inch (10-cm) thick and comfortable sleeping mats (on 2-day trip);
- Oxygen cylinders and oximeters (on 2-day trip);
- Professional guides, licensed by Kilimanjaro National Park. All our guides are the holder of Wilderness First Responder or Wilderness First Aid certifications. All our guides have 7+years of successful mountaineering experience;
- Dedicated support crew on 2-day trip (assistant guides, porters, cooks, etc.).
The price does not include
- Costs of getting to Moshi
- Accommodation and meals before and after the hike;
- Personal gear rentals;
- Tips for the guides and the crew (30-80 USD per person);