Altezza Safari Cars
What makes a vehicle a safari car? And, are all safari cars created equal? Does it really matter if the car for your safari is a quality vehicle, as long as it runs?
We are here to answer all your safari-car related questions and steer you in the right direction.
A good safari car means a good safari!
Why is a good safari car important?
The majority of a safari in Africa, and specifically, Tanzania, is spent inside of a safari car. Having a professional guide and a good safari car are probably the most important aspects of any safari. Skimping on either of these may have disastrous results and ruin your safari experience.
Your safari car will drive along Tanzania’s highways to reach the national parks or remote areas for your tour.
Is your safari going to the Serengeti or Tarangire National Parks? These parks have some areas where your car may ford streams, drive up steep inclines or need to go through flooded or muddy sections - a quality safari car is absolutely essential for these safaris.
Are you planning to visit the Hadzabe tribe? Your safari car will navigate the rough terrain to arrive at Lake Eyasi.
Going to Lake Natron or planning to climb Ol Doinyo Lengai? You will certainly need a good safari car for the rough road to reach this remote location.
Basically, visiting any national park or game reserves requires 4x4 vehicles - under the current regulations of the Tanzania National Park Authority only the SUVs with a four-wheel drive are allowed to enter the protected areas.
Not only is a good safari car necessary for accessing some amazing destinations within Tanzania, a good safari car should provide a level of comfort for passengers, and safely and conveniently transport your luggage and equipment, too.
What to look for in a safari car
A quality safari car should have the following:
● Be a new model with excellent suspension
● Comfortable seating
● A pop-up roof for 360 degree viewing while in the parks
● A working refrigerator for food/drinks along the way
● Charging ports to keep your electronic devices and cameras up-and-running
● WiFi internet
● Car radio for guides to communicate with one another throughout the parks
The majority of safari cars have 6 seats in the rear, and a passenger seat beside the driver for a total of 7 seats.
All safari cars run by reputable operators should be well-maintained and have all required safety equipment; including a spare tire and jack, a first aid kit and fire extinguisher.
Altezza Travel’s safari cars
Altezza uses only the best models for safari cars. Our professional drivers are behind the wheels of models imported from Dubai, remodeled specifically for Tanzania’s terrain, all which were made from 2016-2020.
Altezza buys only new cars. We never take a risk buying used cars.
All of our vehicles include the features listed above, and more! When you travel with Altezza, you will be in a comfortable, well-designed safari car that is:
● Washed every day during your safari
● Rigorously inspected at our own company garage before each and every safari
● Various seating options - from four passenger seating to six passenger seating, so you can choose what is most comfortable for your travel group.
● Equipped with GPS trackers to monitor position of a car in real time
● Radio communication - this allows our drivers to keep touch with park rangers and other safari drivers and share where unique, rare animals have been spotted.
● There is reliable Wi-Fi in all our safari cars for you to share amazing shots from the wild with your nearest and dearest!
Moreover, our safari cars are driven by expert, professional guides. Our guides are familiar with the parks, have top-knowledge about Tanzania’s wildlife, and are safe and careful drivers with all necessary qualifications.
If you are interested to learn more about our safari cars, please contact us! We are happy to answer any of your questions.