Ngorongoro Crater & Tarangire Safari Tour
This short 2-day safari tour will impress fans of wild animals, such as lions, rhinos, wildebeests, and hippos., Travelers will also enjoy the most beautiful landscapes, as the Ngorongoro Crater can be compared to a few places on our planet. Tarangire National Park is called "Small Serengeti", and it perfectly complements this program. With all the richness of the tour it takes only a couple of days, so the popularity of this version of safari of Tanzania is quite justified. If you want to see the maximum number of animals for the minimum time, then this tour is for you.
We personally inspect every lodge and park before they land on your travel itinerary
Annually approved for tour operating activities by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism
Our team of qualified safari experts knows how to tailor your adventure to your individual travel style
We use only new Land Cruisers produced in 2016-2023 and fitted with a fridge, Wi-Fi and sockets
Safari Tour "Klipspringer" Price
"Klipspringer" Safari Itinerary
The group arrives at Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO). Participants are met by a representative of Altezza Travel and transferred to a hotel in Arusha.
Note:The hotel cost only includes breakfast. Check-in starts at 2:00 PM.
In the morning after breakfast (around 7:30 AM) your safari guide will arrive at the hotel and inform the receptionist that he is waiting for you. After meeting up with your driver you will travel to Tarangire National Park, and by 10:00 AM you will already be on your first safari!
In this park you have the chance to see lots of wild Tanzanian animals (lions, buffalos, giraffes, zebras, etc.), but above all else it is famous for its astonishing number of elephants, who typically tend to stay close to their drinking source, the Tarangire River.
You should be aware that this is wild nature, so the guide cannot make any guarantees on the presence of specific wild animals, but you can be sure he will do his best to find everything you're looking for! The Altezza team has its own radio channel that the drivers use to communicate to other guides and collaborate on searches for rare species.
At lunch time you will be provided a meal, after which the safari will continue. In the evening you will be transferred to the hotel.
This is your first day on safari, so we ask that you please pay special attention to the national parks visitor rules and our company recommendations.
- During the safari it is strictly prohibited to exit the vehicle, except for in specially designated areas. Violations of this rule may be accompanied by large fines for the company, including the revocation of its license.
- Off road driving is also prohibited, as such behavior may cause irreparable damage to the fragile balance of the natural ecosystem.
- During the safari you are allowed to smoke, but be extremely careful about how you extinguish and dispose of cigarette butts, as they are a frequent cause of fires in the savanna.
- In addition, we sincerely request that you not put your feet on the safari car's seats, nor sit on the back of them, because this type of behavior quickly makes the cars unusable.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
On this day it is best to leave the hotel as early as possible so you can see the variety of animals that are only active during the morning hours; breakfast will be packed in lunchboxes specifically for this purpose. At 6:30 AM you will set off for Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and after about an hour you will already be inside the crater.
Ngorongoro is one of the most famous and interesting of Tanzania's national parks because here you can find the greatest number of different animal species per square kilometer. You will have the chance to see buffalo, elephants, lions, wildebeests, zebras, hippopotamus and feline species such as caracals and servals. The luckiest travelers might even see a rhinoceros, an animal whose numbers are rapidly declining.
By lunch time you will arrive at the lake side, where you will be offered lunchboxes, after which the safari will continue.
By evening you will finish the safari and return to the hotel in Arusha.
Rest in the hotel and transfer to the airport.
Note:Hotel check-out is at 11:00 AM. In case you need a late check-out because of an evening flight, you have the option to extend your hotel stay till 6:00 PM for an extra fee.
Safari Cost Includes
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to the airport;
- Accommodation before and after safari (double rooms, breakfast included);
- New SUV (2016-2023) Land Cruiser 4x4 with pop-up roof;
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide;
- 24/7 phone support;
- All park fees;
- All accommodation under your program;
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Air Ambulance Service by AMREF Flying Doctors;
- Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour;
- Thermos with hot tea/coffee;
- Medical kit;
- Binocular (1 per SUV);
- Wet wipes.
Safari Cost Excludes
- Air tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner in hotel (only before and after safari);
- Tips to your safari guide ($30-50 per day per car).