Safari in National Parks: Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti
If you want to see the Great Migration of wildebeests, then you definitely need to visit the Serengeti valley. The migration takes place in Tanzania from October to the end of July, moving around the territory of the Serengeti in a clockwise direction and going off to Kenya for two months. But since most of the time wildebeests are still in Tanzania, we boldly recommend you to see this unique phenomenon. Besides, the tour begins with wonderful Ngorongoro Сrater, which is on the way to the Serengeti and serves as a gate toward the vast valley. Here is a world in which predators and herbivores coexist.
We personally inspect every lodge and park before they land on your travel itinerary
Annually approved for tour operating activities by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism
Our team of qualified safari experts knows how to tailor your adventure to your individual travel style
We use only new Land Cruisers produced in 2016-2023 and fitted with a fridge, Wi-Fi and sockets
Safari Tour "Gerenuk" Price
"Gerenuk" Safari Itinerary
The group arrives at Kilimanjaro Airport (JRO). Participants are met by a representative of Altezza Travel and transferred to a hotel in Arusha.
Note:The hotel cost only includes breakfast. Check-in starts at 2:00 PM.
On this day it is best to leave the hotel as early as possible so you can see the variety of animals that are only active during the morning hours; breakfast will be packed in lunchboxes specifically for this purpose. At 6:30 AM you will set off for Ngorongoro Conservation Area, and after about an hour you will already be inside the crater.
Ngorongoro is one of the most famous and interesting of Tanzania's national parks because here you can find the greatest number of different animal species per square kilometer. You will have the chance to see buffalo, elephants, lions, wildebeests, zebras, hippopotamus and feline species such as caracals and servals. The luckiest travelers might even see a rhinoceros, an animal whose numbers are rapidly declining.
By lunch time you will arrive at the lake side, where you will be offered lunchboxes, after which the safari will continue, ending in a few hours with a transfer to Serengeti National Park.
On your travels you will also visit a memorial dedicated to two West German researchers, Bernhard and Michael Grzimek. It is them we have to thank for Northern Tanzania National Parks having survived till our times in its current natural state. You can read their full story in the book "Serengeti Shall Not Die" which can be found on Amazon.com for USD 10–25.
In the evening you will be transferred to a hotel in the center of the Serengeti valley.
This is your first day on safari, so we ask that you please pay special attention to the national parks visitor rules and our company recommendations.
- During the safari it is strictly prohibited to exit the vehicle, except for in specially designated areas. Violations of this rule may be accompanied by large fines for the company, including the revocation of its license.
- Off road driving is also prohibited, as such behavior may cause irreparable damage to the fragile balance of the natural ecosystem.
- During the safari you are allowed to smoke, but be extremely careful about how you extinguish and dispose of cigarette butts, as they are a frequent cause of fires in the savanna.
- In addition, we sincerely request that you not put your feet on the safari car's seats, nor sit on the back of them, because this type of behavior quickly makes the cars unusable.
Thank you in advance for your understanding.
After breakfast in the morning you will safari in the eastern and southern parts of the park. The greater part of these areas is a savanna with wide open spaces, which provides a likely opportunity to see cheetah hunting antelopes.
In the evening you will be transferred to a hotel, where you will have dinner and be able to rest.
After breakfast you will start the safari by being transferred to the central part of the Serengeti (also called Seronera). Here your driver will try to find the animals you're the most interested in. Closer to lunch time you will visit the Serengeti Visitor Centre, where you will be offered a lunchbox and provided with lots of interesting information not only about the animals’ populations, but also about the history of the National Park. Also, in this area you will be able to see hyraxes, which are the elephant's closest relatives.
It is difficult to describe in detail all the animals of the Serengeti valley, for they number in the thousands: elephants, buffalo, ostriches, giraffes, jackals, hyenas, lions, antelopes, leopards and cheetahs—just keep your eyes peeled and enjoy the nature around you.
By the evening you will be transferred to the northern part of the Serengeti and then to your hotel.
Wake up, breakfast and the start of your game drive through the northern part of the Serengeti, which is in a league of its own when it comes to its landscape and diversity of fauna. On this day you can see the animals that only live in the most remote areas of the park.
By early afternoon you will finish the safari and return to the hotel in Arusha.
Rest in the hotel and transfer to the airport.
Note:Hotel check-out is at 11:00 AM. In case you need a late check-out because of an evening flight, you have the option to extend your hotel stay till 6:00 PM for an extra fee.
Safari Cost Includes
- Pick-up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO);
- Transfer to a hotel in Arusha and back to the airport;
- Accommodation before and after safari (double rooms, breakfast included);
- New SUV (2016-2022) Land Cruiser 4x4 with pop-up roof;
- Experienced English-speaking safari guide;
- 24/7 phone support;
- All park fees;
- All accommodation under your program;
- Three meals per day on safari;
- Air Ambulance Service by AMREF Flying Doctors;
- Bottled water and soft drinks throughout the tour;
- Thermos with hot tea/coffee;
- Medical kit;
- Binocular (1 per SUV);
- Wet wipes.
Safari Cost Excludes
- Air tickets;
- Visa fee;
- Lunch and dinner in hotel (only before and after safari);
- Tips to your safari guide ($30-50 per day per car).